The IAFC’s officer development programs apply the planned, progressive, and life-long process of education, learning, self-development, and experience. No matter your level or experience, the IAFC is committed to your development as a fire and emergency services leader.
For Company Officers
For Chief Officers, New & Aspiring Chiefs
- Fire Service Executive Development Institute
- Chief Officer Leadership Symposium
- Fire-Rescue International
For Experienced Chiefs
The IAFC also offers officer development learning through monthly webinars and the IAFC Academy.
And through our partnership with Jones and Bartlett Publishers (J&B), the IAFC offers a broad range of leadership and training materials, incorporating accurate, up-to-date content along with cutting edge learning tools. Publications include:
- Chief Officer: Principles and Practice
- Chief Fire Officers Desk Reference
- Cooperative Service Through Consolidations, Mergers & Contracts
- Fire Marshal: Principles and Practice
- Fire Officer Principles and Practice
- Fire Service Leadership: Theories and Practices
- Human Resource Management for the Fire Service
- Leadership Guilde for Combination Departments
- Leadership Guide for Volunteer Departments
- Live Fire Training:Principles and Practice
- Recruiting, Training and Maintaining Volunteer Firefighters
IAFC members save 25% on all IAFC products published by J&B (contact IAFC Member Services to receive the discount code). For a complete listing of all publications and to order, visit the J&B website.
Fire Service Executive Development Institute
What Your Membership Gets You
Executive Officer Leadership: Are You Energized to Develop our Future Leaders?
Company Officer Leadership: Success as a Leader Means Never Being Satisfied