Company Officer Leadership Committee
Created in March 2012, the mission of the IAFC Company Officer Leadership Committee is to integrate and grow company officer engagement within the work of the IAFC and to help company officers develop the leadership skills to meet today's challenges and to prepare them for promotion to chief officer in the future.
- Capt. Mike Jaffa (chair), Santa Fe (New Mexico) County Fire Dept.
- Lt. Craig Aman, Seattle (Washington) Fire Dept.
- Capt. Joseph Bradley, Billerica (Massachusetts) Fire Dept.
- Deputy Chief Larry Collier, Osceola County (Florida) Fire Rescue and EMS
- Lt. Christopher Divver, Clifton (New Jersey) Fire Dept.
- Capt. Mary Emge, O'Fallon (Missouri) Fire Dept.
- Capt. William Frampton, Salisbury (Maryland) Fire Dept.
- Lt. Randall Hanifen (vice-chair), West Chester (Ohio) Fire Dept.
- Sr. Capt. Charles Lamoreaux, St. Andrews (South Carolina) Fire Dept.
- Capt. Steven Marovich, North County (California) Fire Protection Dist.
- Capt. Jonathan Messick, Southern Platte (Missouri) Fire Protection Dist.
- Lt. Brian Morrison, Centerville-Osterville (Massachusetts) Fire Dept.
- Lt. Brieanne Nix, Hanover (Virginia) Fire & EMS
- Capt. James Paul, Prince William County (Virginia) Fire Rescue
- Division Chief Alan Rufer, Monroe (Wisconsin) Fire Dept.
- EMS Bureau Chief Amy Scheller, Naperville (Illinois) Fire Dept.
- Capt. Demond Simmons, Oakland (California) Fire Dept.
- Officer Development Handbook
- Company Officer Leadership Symposium (COLS)
- KnowledgeNet - the IAFC's members only, online community
- Operations resources
- Administration resources
If you're a company officer with an issue or inquiry that you'd like to present to the committee, please email Cathie Larocca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not an IAFC member? Join today for only $95 and make the IAFC your top-of-mind resource for leadership training, knowledge resources, and connecting with other company officers and experienced chiefs.
Captain Mike Jaffa
Santa Fe (NM) County Fire Dept.
Lt. Randall Hanifen
West Chester (OH) Fire Dept.
Ebola and EV-D68: What EMS Needs to Know
OSHA Announces New Requirements for Reporting Severe Injuries
Emergency Medical Services: Enhancing Fire-Based EMS
Be Political without Being a Politician: Gaining Buy-In