Emergency Management Committee
The IAFC's Emergency Management Committee is responsible for addressing issues of mutual aid and providing state-to-state coordination and oversight to the IMAS project. The EMC was officially approved by the Board of Directors in May 2006 and is supported by DHS's National Integration Center (NIC).
CA State Fire and Rescue Chief
Go to Committee contact information.
Go Teams Any local, state or federal official operating on an emergency incident may request Go Team assistance.
Call toll-free 1-888-840-6884.
Mutual Aid Training Programs
Note: The following PDFs can be delivered like PowerPoint presentation by selecting View>Full Screen Mode in Adobe Reader.
Mutual Aid - 401: Mission Ready Packages for the Fire Service
Mutual Aid - 301: So You Want to Get Paid
Mutual Aid - 201: EMAC Training for the Fire Service
Mutual Aid - 101: What Every Firefighter Should Know
As a standing committee of the IAFC, the EMC has been assigned a number of responsibilities, including:
- Will serve as IAFC focal point for issues that pertain to emergency management in the fire service.
- Provide advice/assistance as requested to states as they exercise and maintain their mutual aid plans.
- Focus on developing and presenting educational programming to chief fire officers on emergency management related topics.
- Maintain ongoing communications/relationship with the national emergency management associations, specifically as it relates to the EMAC process.
Articles on EMC
- IAFC Gives Congressional Testimony on Mutual Aid, October 13, 2011
- When Disaster Strikes...IAFC On Scene - July 1, 2011
Firefighter/EMT Safety, Health & Survival: Cultivating Your Community Relationships
Hose2Habitat Answers the Call
Building Key Relationships with Elected Community Leaders
NFPA 1917: The Search for a Safer Ambulance