Emergency Management Committee
The IAFC's Emergency Management Committee is responsible for addressing issues of mutual aid and providing state-to-state coordination and oversight to the IMAS project. The EMC was officially approved by the Board of Directors in May 2006 and is supported by DHS's National Integration Center (NIC).
CA State Fire and Rescue Chief
Mutual Aid Training Programs
Note: The following PDFs can be delivered like PowerPoint presentation by selecting View>Full Screen Mode in Adobe Reader.
Mutual Aid - 401: Mission Ready Packages for the Fire Service
Mutual Aid - 301: So You Want to Get Paid
Mutual Aid - 201: EMAC Training for the Fire Service
Mutual Aid - 101: What Every Firefighter Should Know
As a standing committee of the IAFC, the EMC has been assigned a number of responsibilities, including:
- Will serve as IAFC focal point for issues that pertain to emergency management in the fire service.
- Provide advice/assistance as requested to states as they exercise and maintain their mutual aid plans.
- Focus on developing and presenting educational programming to chief fire officers on emergency management related topics.
- Maintain ongoing communications/relationship with the national emergency management associations, specifically as it relates to the EMAC process.
Articles on EMC
- IAFC Gives Congressional Testimony on Mutual Aid, October 13, 2011
- When Disaster Strikes...IAFC On Scene - July 1, 2011
Intrastate Mutual Aid System (IMAS)
Apply for DHS I&A Fellows Program
Chiefs, Encourage Your Residents to Use the FEMA App for Emergency Weather Information
IAFC and USFA Release National Safety Culture Change Initiative Web-Based and Instructor-Led Training